- Sunbeds & sunlight are the main sources of your bodies ability to produce Vitamin D.
- Vitamin D is essential for good health.
- It lowers the risk of everyday infections like cold and flu as well as more fatal diseases, high blood pressure, Type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis and depression.
- Sunlight is the most effective way for the body to manufacture Vitamin D – indoor or outdoor.
- 6 out of 10 adults in the UK are Vitamin D deficient. – Studies suggest that regular, moderate use of sunbeds will raise the levels of Vitamin D in healthy adults by an average of 40%.
Vitamin D is essential for good health.
- Medical studies around the world have proven the benefits of Vitamin D in association with
- Cellular Health: including breast, colon and prostate cancers
- Bone Health: including osteoporosis, hip fractures, osteomalacia and hip fractures
- Organ Health: including high blood pressure, hypertension and heart disease
- Mental Health: including SAD, PMS, depression and general mood
- Auto-immune Diseases: including multiple sclerosis, Type 1 diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis
- Skin Disorders: including psoriasis
- Obesity and exercise programmes
- Sunlight is the most effective way for the body to manufacture Vitamin D. Yet in the UK and Ireland, our bodies can only manufacture Vitamin D from exposure to the sun during the months of May to October. Outside of these months, the sun is simply not strong enough.